Friday, February 4, 2011

Science Fair 2.0


We went to the school yesterday to view the science fair, Rose got a red 2nd place ribbon!

She did indeed do experiments on River....and Coco and Allie (Zara's dogs). Rose designed a test for the dogs using plastic cups and dog treats. She lined up 5 cups upside down, placed a treat under the center cup, then timed how long each dog to find the treats. We also looked up online and consulted with Zara (who is a licensed vet tech) Rose concluded that dogs can only remember for 15 seconds and our dog's brain is about the size of 1/2 a stick of butter. She worked really hard and did a great job!

I had to post 2 pics of the kids' current game, they are assassins. Evidently you must have a cape and lots of gear...

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Good job Rose! I'm impressed with all the calculations and research. And, I think it's really funny that your dog has a brain the size of a half a stick of butter!

    Glad to see their imaginations are still intact as they grow older. I wear a cape around the house too, but not to look cool. It's cause I'm cold a lot and need something cozy wrapped around me.

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work, Abbie Rose! You chose a great topic to investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. my 'cape' is just a small fuzzy blanket...

    ReplyDelete