Thursday, March 17, 2011

Best bread


My favorite bread book, from Fleischmann's Yeast. I'm not sure when this edition was printed, but it has some awesome recipes in it and at about $2 at a junk shop it is well worth it! The buns pictured are raised cornmeal rolls. I have made them several times and they are always good. We are taking them to David and Cindy's house for dinner tonight to go with a belated Mardi-gras dinner, red beans and rice and jambalaya. St. Patrick's day foods will just have to wait their turn :)

4 comments:

  1. You're doing well on your goal of posting daily! Enjoy dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of St Pat's waiting - just another interesting menu to plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful buns! As I've said before, your command of yeast breads is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look delectable...

    ReplyDelete