Monday, December 29, 2008

Sculpted food


I love Bundt cakes. They don't have frosting, they must be healthy. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I saw this pan at Sam's Club and couldn't resist when they put it on sale for after Christmas. Today I made a Brown Sugar Cake with a recipe from Nordic Ware. It was a little short for this pan, I didn't get the cute train running around the base of the cake, but the snow covered trees are still pretty. The cake is moist and spicy with a nice brown color. The new pan is heavy cast aluminum. It bakes very evenly so not even the tree tops are over done! It also came with a plate and dome to
keep it in. Very nice for me, I usually use a serving platter and my large mixing bowl. Makes it hard to make bread or serve a large dish before we are done eating up the cake!

1 comment:

  1. I am SO impressed that every bit of the trees is intact. My bundt pan experiences typically require glaze to glue on the pieces of cake that stuck to the pan.

    ReplyDelete