Sunday, December 7, 2008

Duck for dinner


Last Friday we had family over for dinner and Leigh cooked Duck. Most of our guests hadn't ever had domesticated duck before, but they seemed to enjoy it. Out of two ducks we had just a rib left. Leigh used the Alton Brown "Mighty Duck" recipe, she made some more sourdough bread, this time based on the De Dolle export beer yeasts. Valerie made scalloped corn, Cindy made roasted root vegetables, we seriously only had a spoonful of each thing left to put away. After dinner we had some of pumpkin spice chiffon cake. Lots of red wine, the one in the photo is the Bogle Phantom, helped make the evening great.

5 comments:

  1. You guys are really running with the Belgian beer yeasts...David is impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks sooooo good! I miss eating at your house. I need to look for a goose recipe. If you have any let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making bread with De Dolle Export Stout yeast is great for at least two reasons: one, the bread, two, drinking De Dolle Export Stout to get to the sludge at the bottom of the bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeremy, I haven't had goose since I was a Kid. You might want to try cooking it the same way that we did with the "Mighty Duck" recipe depending on how fatty it is. ??? Let me know what you do and how it turns out.

    Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found out about your blog this morning and visited immediately. I had to leave it and eat some breakfast...my stomach was growling and mouth watering. Next time I will eat first. Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete