Saturday, August 21, 2010

Weekend

This is a catch up post of funny foodie things....Liam got to go bird hunting with Kyle and Clinton last weekend and shot a spruce hen! So this weekend we ate it. :) Kyle just brought home the breast portion and because it was shot with bird shot, I decided to stew it first. (With fresh sage from my garden.)

I'm game, hehehe!
It has a very dark meat flavor, but very tasty and I couldn't find any pellets. We ate it shredded the next night in burritos.

Kyle had this tasty beverage leftover from our last Anchorage trip:

He requested a chocolaty dessert to go with it, I can do that for a sip! This is what I chose:

A hot fudge pudding cake, recipe from Cooks Illustrated. It was very good, especially with some vanilla icecream. A perfect end to the first week of school!

3 comments:

  1. When it comes to making fun food, you're always on your game! (hee)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job Liam! And Leigh! I don't have any game jokes though...

    ReplyDelete