Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cajeta


The newest experiment in my milk category...cajeta is a cinnamon caramel sauce made with goats milk. I got the recipe from the Rick Bayless website (link) I have watched his shows on the 'Create' network, part of our PBS channel. A lot of really fun and yummy Mexican food! Some of the ingredients are a little hard to find here, but most have substitutions and all are beautiful. I am not sure if this spread is so pretty...a lot of the food blogs I read say brown foods are the hardest to photograph appetizingly. It is too hot to bake bread and I forgot to take a picture of the apples that Abbie at it on. Oh well, at least you can see its gooey goodness!

4 comments:

  1. The description makes it sound appetizing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would like it on apple slices very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we can help with ingredients that will ship, just let us know.

    U Steve and A Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree megan, like that carmel apple dip you can buy at the store only better

    ReplyDelete