Saturday, June 9, 2012

J&J's wedding

The wedding day preparations started early for us with the hair and makeup ladies arriving at 7am. A really nice lady set Jessie and I's long hair in hot rollers (I have a great pic of the two of us that way, but I think Jessie might kill me for posting it) then moved onto the two moms hair-dos. In the meantime a mother/daughter team arrived to do our airbrush makeup. The four of us spent about 2 hours in a mix of spraying makeup, curling, pinning, eye shadowing and sipping coffee. Then it was time to get dressed...for those of you familiar with wedding gowns, it is no fast process. Jessie's gown is laced up the back from mid hip to her upper back, it takes about 30 minutes to lace it all together and get all the under-panel arranged before she is stuck in it for the duration! Luckily it isn't too uncomfortable, or heavy and has a short train. I don't have very many pics of the wedding, it's kind of hard to take them when you are in it! Dad took this one for me, but I forgot to turn the flash on...I will borrow some from other people and post some more at a later date. :) I should mention, I made the fur shrug Jessie is wearing. She really wanted to wear something really Alaskan on her wedding day. I originally looked for one to buy, but there wasn't anything just right I could find or commission to have made in town. So I bought some rabbit furs and stumbled my way through. It was scary to get started but after I began the project went along smoothly. It was no big drama to take it to AU through customs as it is a tanned fur. And as you can see the color was just right an it fit her like a dream! My pretty bouquet! This was my place at the table, our place markers were chocolate guns marked with our names. Each place also had a menu for the evening, (I chose the braised pork belly in curry sauce) and a sprig of the Singapore orchids. The wedding went off without a single problem, the ceremony was beautiful, short and sweet. The staff at Clairault did an excellent job with the service and the food was to die for! After the wedding all the wedding party and immediate family went back to Abbys Retreat (the guest house we were staying at) for some more relaxed partying. The dress clothes were ditched in favor of track pants and t-shirts, a fire was lit in the big fireplace, drinks were passed around and snags (sausages) were grilled for a late supper. All in all, it was a perfect day. :)

5 comments:

  1. Leigh, you have readers who might really wonder why a gun should be part of the wedding decor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Jessie look really pretty in that blurry picture, I can't wait to see clear ones! I bet that shrug was so soft and felt wonderful, it looks very regal. Nice work Leigh, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so much fun to see this event unfolding in pictures and story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I didn't explain about the guns...both Justin and Jessie shoot competitively at the pistol club in Carnarvon. It is something the both love to do and a big part of how they met.
    That fur is really nice, we all had to remind ourselves not to just stand around petting it, not a good look to have 234987575 wedding pics of people petting Jessie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great rendition of the event - I'm loving it - even reading it today!!

    ReplyDelete