Friday, June 1, 2012

I'm baaaaaaack!

Just a teaser of the great pictures I have from my awesome down under adventure! The flights are long but worth every second of sitting in a cramped airplane seat to stand up in my cousin Jessie's wedding. And we got to see some amazing things in Australia too!
So this is the beginning: We flew from Fairbanks to Seattle then on to Los Angeles. From there on a giant Qantas plane to Sydney, a 13 hour flight! Were we were met by Jessie, and after a quick clean up onto some serious sight seeing.
The hotel Jessie picked for us is in the historic rocks district in Sydney, just about a block up form the Circular Quay, where the Opera House and Sydney bridge are. How cool is that? We touched the Sydney Opera House! We were all tired and jet-lagged but you just feel so surreal. Like maybe you walked into a postcard. :) Lots more tomorrow, and probably the rest of this week! Kyle says to tell you I have about 600 pictures of my own, not counting the 1500 Mom and Dad took and the wedding ones that are trickling in...don't worry, I won't post alllll of them!

5 comments:

  1. Go ahead - post 'em all! As long as you also provide commentary :). Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy cousins! Are you hiding your tiredness behind the dark glasses?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was sunny, but we were hiding a little :) I do have to admit we both burst into tears when we met in the airport! Just too much excitement, I guess. More tomorrow :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you couldn't tell, that was Leigh and not Kyle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool! How neat that you got to stay in the heart of it all, and see such iconic architecture in person. I'm excited to see the rest of the story!

    ReplyDelete