Friday, July 10, 2009

Pie


I tried again today to make pie crust. This time, success!! Pastry is one thing I have always failed at. It takes a much lighter touch than bread dough! Lorna was kind enough to pass along her recipe for pastry. (Hers always turns out nicely so I knew I had a tried and trusted method.) It was not too sticky to roll out, even though today was warm again. The crust baked up just right, flaky and sweet. Delicious!!

Bonus points if you can tell what kind of filling I made...my favorite!

6 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what the filling is but I'm pretty sure I like your pie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhubarb!! We had vanilla bean ice cream for dessert...would have been a good pairing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely rhubarb! We had rhubarb crisp and home made ice cream on July 4th. It was delicious! Wish you had been here with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Job Leigh! See the funny thing is a pie crust doesn't scare me, but making bread...Aaaaa! There's so many things that could go wrong; you're the best at it, I hope I get to taste your artisan bread some time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty pie, pretty photography! Glad it turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looks like strawberry rhubarb..and it definately looks good!

    ReplyDelete