Saturday, April 11, 2009

Tradition


I loved coloring Easter eggs as a kid....I can remember creating a dozen masterpieces for hours! Abbie and Liam don't have quite that much patience. We still managed to make some really pretty ones. I discovered if you drip regular food coloring into a cup with some water and a little vinegar (and your egg) you can get some cool streaky effects. Also in our bag of tricks, masking tape, rubber bands, paint brushes and crayons. Much more fun than just a solid color!

3 comments:

  1. Yay, fun! Mom sent me a kit; it has a sparkle spackle in it. But I haven't had time to do it. At this point I don't know if I will because we'll be leaving to see the Roemers this coming week. Easter eggs in June anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a rainbow!

    Deviled eggs, egg salad sandwiches, egg and tomato curry...

    Megan, you can color eggs at my house if you want. It's a fun thing to do, but we need help eating that many hard boiled eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Egg and tomato curry? Tell me more!! It would be fun to color eggs with you guys, so many pretty things you can do. I saw directions for dyeing eggs with old silk ties that looked interesting this year, but I couldn't stand to sacrifice my ties that way!

    ReplyDelete