Saturday, April 18, 2009

Lamb





My brother, Chris got back Thursday from his two weeks on the slope. Our family usually tries to get together for a meal in his first few days back. I found a lamb roast for a good price a few days ago, it seemed like a perfect spring dinner! We decided to cut the roast up into chunks for kabobs, but first some marinating. I made two, the first is a Moroccan seasoning blend from our Aussie cousins mixed with yogurt. The second is just lemon juice, olive oil, rosemary, garlic and salt and pepper. The meat was threaded on skewers and grilled on a wood fire. We also made grilled veggies and roasted potatoes with some of the leftover lemon/oil marinade. Mom made some "fish salad" no fish in it but I always have it with salmon, so the name is stuck. Cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and onion dressed with sour cream and vinegar. I also made some pop overs, and of course we had some beer and wine. The Cape Blend from Sebeka and Hennepin by Ommegang. Yum! On my to do list for today is making stock from the lamb bones. I made some a while ago, it freezes well in two cup blocks and makes great gravy!

2 comments:

  1. We'll be dining upon enchiladas tonight. Doubt there'll be lovely pictures to post like yours though! We'll be thinking of you as we congregate at the table. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a feast! We've been eating well here...we Eberharts like our food, I guess. Been thinking of you! Love ya

    ReplyDelete