Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Mosaic

Many of you heard, a couple of weeks ago I spent several days at Weller working on a mural mosaic project with a guest artist (and a school full of kids!). Well it is finished and hung on the wall in the commons!

For those of you who don't know, this is a multi purpose area in the middle of the school on the other side of the wall from the library.


A very cool project and enough for me to want to break some dishes so I can do one for our house! Maybe beside the pizza oven?

7 comments:

  1. oohh!! i was looking forward to pictures of this! what a great addition to the commons :)i want one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are wonderful - so exciting that you, and all the students, had a role in creating them! Put us on the list for a Leigh original, too :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way cool! There is a mosaic store/workshop in my area that I've been wanting to go to for a while. It looks like so much fun. Glad you guys got to be a part of this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really interesting.... Would love a big one in my home! Now keeping in mind that it is early, I haven't had coffee and I have no artistic talent... Is that a bear with a fish in it's mouth?

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Great work! The different color grout really adds to it. What would you do for your yard?

    ReplyDelete
  7. they turned out beautiful!! I've always wanted to do that...hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete