Saturday, October 16, 2010

Risotto


My lovely assistant!


My lovely cousin got us both a subscription to the Donna Hay magazine. A foodie author from Australia, you can check her out here. I have had too much fun drooling over all the good things to eat and trying to decide what to make! I have made several things inspired by her yummy recipes, but this is the first one where I actually followed the directions.
Shrimp risotto:

I would like to say it was very good, but it was just OK...the recipe sounded good and had lots of tasty ingredients. Duck broth, onion, shrimp, cheese, how can you go wrong? Well it was just bland...also not a favorite of the shorter members of our family. Oh, well. I will try again with something else...up next on my list is salt and pepper tofu!

I should say it was pretty good leftover. I made it into patties with cheese in the center and fried it in a pan with some olive oil, yum!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, too bad about the blandness. Looks like a bit of work to make it. Good thing you have helpers. I'm going to make corn chowder and some banana bread today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love risotto. My recipe has lots of veggies in it. It's not Stan's favorite though. Would the addition of a spice or herb make this recipe better?

    ReplyDelete