Sunday, August 30, 2009

Rat-patootie


Have you seen the movie Ratatouille? I am unnecessarily fascinated by the animated people cooking....it is a cute movie and I really identify with the idea that a food or smell can evoke memories. Food is so much more than just fuel to me, it is a creative outlet, a way to love my family and a way to remember times or people. So with a movie for my inspiration I decided to make some ratatouille with fried polenta, we also had some grilled pork chops and foccacia. It was very good, I think I will try a different type of eggplant next time, this one was too big around to make a pretty pattern with the squash, zuccini, and tomato.

4 comments:

  1. Yummy, yummy, yummy! I love fired polenta! I used to get garlicky polenta fries at a place in downtown Ashland. The whole meal sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMM, Garlicky polenta fries ...MMMM

    Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somebodt feed me some good polenta, please. All experiences thus far have been lacking. Yours looks very appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked your comments on cooking - I think that smell is sooo important in appreication and enjoyment of food, and it is lovely to think of cooking for people the way you do - how lucky for your family, and you, I think.

    ReplyDelete