Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Escapees

Just wondering if those of you with babies are missing anything?


The first item is affectionately named "corn poop" the recipe says it is fresh polenta and my Mom says it is creamed corn. I make it by grilling corn on the cob then cutting off the kernels and simmering them with milk and butter before pureeing. It is sweet smoky and good, whatever you call it. But, it does look a little.....funny. On the plate with sausage is the newest batch of beer mustard, the best for most anything you would eat with mustard. I made it last week and it is already half gone! Again, tastes great, looks funny.
(I didn't take a picture of it, but Zara's kraut is funny too, she had purple cabbage to use up so the kraut is a vibrant maroon!)

2 comments:

  1. Your neice is not yet within blaming range. Five weeks, then she's a potential suspect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, yum! Actually, I'm sure everything was quite tasty.

    ReplyDelete