Saturday, February 7, 2009

My Foodie Son


Liam chowing down on a Pav at Aussie night, they were so popular I have already had to make them again.

I spent an enjoyable evening last night watching Spain on the Road Again with Liam. We learned about what kind of fruit is grown in the southern region of Spain and about Spanish/Arabic food. How funny is that? I guess all our love for good food has worn off on our son. Not that he doesn't love junk food as much as any other kid, but given the choice he will take something good and good for him. His birthday is next week and he has some big plans for what we will have to eat. Liam wants Belgian style waffles, with real maple syrup and a glass of milk for breakfast; hot lunch at school, a cheese omelet, and I am supposed to bring in his favorite sourdough homemade doughnuts with cinnamon sugar to share with his class. He is having two friends over to drive go carts in North Pole and we are having pizza for dinner, made by Mom "Because pizza from a restaurant just isn't very good." With extra thick milkshakes for dessert. This is just for his friends birthday, for his family birthday on Saturday Liam wants Moms spaghetti. Grandma Cindy's focaccia with garlic and kosher salt (he likes Mom's better than mine!) and chocolate cake with vanilla frosting for dessert, not from a box. Liam nor Abbie will eat box or store bought cakes. Foodie children!! Liam has just informed me his is hungry for cinnamon rolls also, when I asked when he though he was getting those he said maybe the week after my birthday. I love to make birthdays special for my kids but I cook and bake for a week before their day! What else can I expect, they are our kids!!

1 comment:

  1. Liam will be taking an active role in preparing the cinnamon rolls, right? (A roll role!)

    ReplyDelete