Thursday, November 11, 2010

SAVFD


Today for Jr FLL we had a visit from an Ambulance! The Junior First Lego League program is new this year in Fairbanks, but I couldn't pass up the chance to get Rose involved. For this program each group must choose some form of biomedical engineering to study and do a lego model and presentation about. As you can see our group chose to study an Ambulance. The very nice folks at Steese Area Volunteer Fire Department were nice enough to bring theirs by to show us.

4 comments:

  1. That was nice of them. Good idea with the ambulance too. I immediately started thinking about prosthetic arms and defibrillators. I think the ambulance is perfect, very doable. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so glad you are all involved with the extras that school has to offer. Makes life more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed at all of the activities available to kids in your area, and I love that you take advantage of so many! In Tucson, there are fewer programs all the time due to budget cuts. I am eager to see the model.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats so cool, steese fire has always been very active with weller stuff.

    ReplyDelete