Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fun with pets

With enough anesthesia, even my dog will be calm!

River had a lump removed from her front leg last week. It has proven to be a benign hystocytoma, but still I feel better knowing it is gone. Because of this she has had to have the dreaded cone to keep her from licking the wound. The bootie was to keep her from scratching it.

This was the first day she had to wear them...not happy. I think she was afraid she was caught in something. I gave her lots of treats to try to get her to move around on her own. It worked but had some problems of its own...

Notice the tongue, a piece of cheese got stuck between the layers of the cone! Now she is fine with it and should only need it for another few days.

3 comments:

  1. Poor dog, but this is the funniest thing I've seen in ages LOL LOL but hope she is on the mend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Aussie - laughing because it's so funny, but feeling guilty about laughing at a poor dog in distress. Tongue pinched between cone and fridge is definitely distress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, that is funny! Laughing out loud...
    glad your dog is okay.

    ReplyDelete