Sunday, November 15, 2009

National Bundt Cake Day

Nice Ganache.

For today's holiday I chose a Chocolate Cabernet cake with dark chocolate ganache. Very good, and it coordinates with Amy's Chocolate stout cake! (Sorry to hear about your cold, Amy.) Not sure where I got this recipe from but it is saved on our server from somewhere in blogland. This cake was much lighter than I expected. But it had LOTS of chocolate flavor and a little heat/complexity from the wine and spices added to the batter. Definitely going in the make again file, if you would like the recipe I would be happy to post it here.

Couldn't resist posting this pic, Kyle's expression cracks me up! I should also give credit to this blogger who did a month of Bundts leading up to Nations Bundt Cake Day, for my inspiration.

4 comments:

  1. Ooo, the spiciness sounds intriguing. You're right, nice ganache. I'd be tempted by dog biscuits if they were covered with ganache. And yes, my brother is heeeelarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my family is as addicted to chocolate as it is to alcohol. Probably even more so! If it came to a choice, I know I would give up wine first. The cake looks and sounds as yummy as Amy's does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you hit it on the nose mom; the Eberharts crave those carbs! This cake sounds delicious, wish I could have a bite of each yours and Amy's. I have only made one bundt cake and it was orange flavored. Turned out only okay. Chocolate sounds wonderful!
    Recipes please....

    ReplyDelete