Sunday, September 20, 2009

Uncle Ken's pork tacos



The last time Kyle's Uncle Ken called, he told me about some great sounding pulled pork tacos he made in the crock pot. I went to get my hair done on Friday so it seemed a good time to try it out. Basically I sliced up a pork loin and cooked it in the crock pot all day with some green chilies and some enchilada sauce. I also sliced some red onion and marinated it in lime juice with salt and pepper. It was sooooooooooo good! The pork was very tender and nicely seasoned without being too spicy. But the onions really sent it over the top. They were slightly cooked by all the lime juice (and turned pink!) and went so well with the pork. Mom also made chili relenos (sp?) and we had refried beans with sauteed peppers and onions. A feast!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds delish! Uncle Ken is not to be underestimated in the kitchen. I have had some really tasty, memorable meals at his house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds incredibly good. I agree, Uncle Ken turns out some tasty food, especially from the trusty crock pot.

    ReplyDelete