Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sad Beer

Part of Kyle's gift from me was six new beers to try from Gold Hill. Including this one from Italy. It says it is made with elderberries, not our favorite. It wasn't really bad, it just wasn't good either. So what do you do when life gives you bad beer? You make beer bread! The bread tastes much more berry and sweet than the beer. Kind of like a waffle.

Also on the list for today is a new recipe for madelines, chocolate this time. They are really good. Unfortunately it only makes 12 at a time! Guess I will need to make more sweets tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Poor oven! It looks like it needs a new coat of mud all over. The baking looks like it was a total success. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beery berry waffle bread isn't doing it for me, but the madelines are tantalizing. I've never had one. Is it cake-like in texture? Crispy, chewy, airy? Looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madelines are like a tiny cake, these ones are very tender and spongy. I over filled the pans a little so they didn't turn out quite the right shape. Supposed to look like little shells. Liam used to love them when he was little, but I never had the right pan. Abbie has decided not to like them, I think it is the lack of frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abbie could slice them open and insert a bit of jam or slice of strawberry.

    ReplyDelete