Saturday, May 2, 2009

More Birthday Baking


I asked Kyle if he wanted to take a cake to share at work, he decided breakfast would be better. This cake should be called Leigh's best coffee cake. I have made it so many times I don't really need the recipe anymore. I used to make six of them at once when we were still feeding the army boys breakfast in California (along with breakfast casserole). It is one of those simple cakes where you dump everything in the mixer bowl and beat the heck out of it. It bakes up tender and golden every time. This is Liam's favorite too, he had to steal a piece before Dad took the whole thing to work.
Now onto lemon meringue pie, not something I have made before. Experimental baking, scary!

2 comments:

  1. for Jason's Birthday he asked for a banana cream pie...not something I had ever baked before. Luckily I got out of it because he decided to try to make some crazy frozen confection. You're a great baker, so I'm sure things will turn out perfectly. Wish I could have a piece! Happy Birthday Bro!

    Love to you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyle's birthday sharer didn't want cake...he wanted bacon! We ended up with both :)

    ReplyDelete