Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Aebleskiver



Since Kyle is finally on days, we can have fancy (time consuming) breakfasts on the weekends! Kyle got me an Aebleskiver, or Dutch pancake pan for Christmas. It is a little strange looking but we all like breakfast and I have never made them before so it was definitely on my wish list. I used the recipe on the package, it is kind of a cross between pancake batter and waffle batter. You have to beat the egg whites before mixing them into the rest of the batter. There is no butter in the batter so you have to butter the mold really well. Then you scoop in a little batter then some kind of filling lastly a little more batter to cover that. After cooking for a second you use a toothpick to turn it over in the round mold to cook the other side. We had chocolate, apple butter and blueberry. They disappeared quickly! I will try some other kinds of fruit next time. I am already dreaming of taking this camping to make fresh blueberry filled ones!

3 comments:

  1. Looks & sounds yummy! L & S

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cool! How do find out about this stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still want Belgian waffles, but maybe you can feed me aebelskivers on the second morning...:) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete