Monday, August 10, 2015

A short pizza post.

Just a few notes about how we do pizza. You must make sure to put enough corn meal on the trays under the pizzas so they can be transfered to the oven. We use the backs of 1/2 sheet pans as they are cheap and sturdy. I wouldn't use less cornmeal than pictured and frequently more if the dough is sticky.
Also we found out lactose free cottage cheese makes a really good pizza topping for kyle! Those almond milk or super hard cheeses always lack some soft melty  cheese goodness.

3 comments:

  1. I see lots of LF cottage cheese in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss cottage cheese, I don't have the LF version here (yet!). Did you make it? I have a really good plain yogurt that I can make a soft cheese with. I use it as a dip too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, Lactaid brand cottage cheese purchased at the Walsmart. They also carry some really great ice cream. I think Kyle was most happy to be able to make barf-in-a-bowl again!

      Delete