Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New toys

I love to get new food toys for Christmas! Up today, macaroons...

The brown mat is a piping guide, but I'm not sure it worked 100% effectively. It made very tiny cookies! The ones I piped on my own made regular two bite macaroons but the piping doover worked well. It even came with other tips so you can use it to pipe icing.
We tried several kinds of fillings, lemon curd, apple butter, mango jam, nutella, and the pictured salted caramel spread...that one was by far the favorite with my plain vanilla cookies so it was slathered on the last of them today.

4 comments:

  1. I'm trying to see what's going on...is the brown sheet a form for the cookie part of the mac? And is the round thing in your hand some kind of batter dispenser? Looks like fun...and will no doubt be delicious! What fun flavor combo are you making?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were tasty! Yes and yes to your questions Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to live at your house!

    ReplyDelete