Thursday, January 19, 2012

New recipe

Today I have Lego group at Rose's school, it doesn't get done till 4, so we rarely get out of there till 4:45. Kyle is on nights and has to leave for work at 6:10...so I needed some dinner done in a hurry! I decided to try this one: LINK (General Tso's pork tacos with broccoli slaw)
I like to use my slow cooker, but to me it is better suited to something soupy. Not something my kids will really like to eat. But we all love General Tso's Chicken and most things in a taco shell are tasty! I swapped the pork for boneless skinless chicken thighs and wad some Asian chopped salad mix from Sam's club. It was good! So good there wasn't much leftover...I used about 2 pounds of meat and I think there was enough sauce left, that you could easily double the amount. Next time I will and use the leftovers to fill steam buns.
Such a busy night, I didn't remember to take any photos...so you get a cute little kid picture instead :) (September 2004)

There was much speculation about this dish, maybe it is Ch-exican food? Maybe if the General had taken a Hispanic wife this would be the offspring? Fusion cuisine? I figure it is pretty American, not really an authentic version of anything, but tasty all the same!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious but I'm the only one here that would like it. Adorable picture of the kids. They sure have grown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you guys were able to fit in good food between all your activities. Gotta fuel up. I hope Lego group was fun. I've always loved this picture, so sweet. I'm betting Zoe and Vincent will treat us to something similar in the future. Right now I've got Liam's birthday on my mind; 14 is coming right up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What were you saying? Cute kid picture has all my attention! Love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Pretty American - not really an authentic version of anything, but tasty all the same" LOLOL :-)) If you all enjoyed it, what's not to like??

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds good to me!! and I LOVE this picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. im with amy! just plain aawweee :)

    ReplyDelete