Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fishing

I have tried to post this twice before...perhaps third times-the-charm? I wanted to post separately about fishing this last time out camping. I had too many good pictures :)

AR has always been a fairly casual fisher. Untill this year she mastered the fly pole...she was having so much fun, her poor hands ended up blistered!

Of course Liam had no problem fishing for hours.

Even I had to do some serious fishing. Rose was really wanting to try eating some grayling this year so we actually had to pay attention to how big the fishes were.

Grilled grayling stuffed with herbs (thanks Mom!), butter, and seasoned salt, delish! Er sorta, says Kyle...they are very bony and mushy. Us fish-lovers very much liked them on crackers for lunch!

I couldn't resist one picture of Abbie Rose playing with the fish bits. Such fun to be able to look your food over well before eating! :)

5 comments:

  1. Good dinner! Even if it isn't the best variety of fish, it's fun that you caught and then prepared it. I bet the herbs and butter did a lot for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fishie eat finger nom nom nom nom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like everything about your dinner - you caught it! you gutted it! you cooked it! you played with it's decapitated head! - except for the "mushy" part. Ew. Good fishing, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. more good memories!

    ReplyDelete