Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Risse

Besides Kyle's birthday, I went with Rose class on a field trip. We went to Risse's Greenhouse. A great place to go in the spring! The kids (and us grownups) got a tour of all the houses, a look at the dirt making operation, and a chance to plant some seeds in the food bank garden.

Totally distracted by her classmate.

A tiny garden in the seed starting house.

Fun sunflower faces in the kids garden.

My favorite flower!
The day was partly cloudy and breezy but still spring-ish...the next morning we woke up to a dusting of snow! Unfortunately Rose has also caught a bad cold/flu that has been going around her school. She is mostly flat out today, her cough seems better tonight though so maybe she will be on the mend tomorrow. I also managed to chop my finger last night. I very stupidly stuck it in the blender to move around some bread crumbs while making Kyle's birthday dinner. DUH! I don't know what I was thinking....at least it is only cut and bruised and not a bloody stump!

4 comments:

  1. AR looks so much like you in the sunflower - hope she is feeling better today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greenhouse in spring - hooray! Hand in blender - aargh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to play in the dirt! hope both of you girls are better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The greenhouse trip sounds wonderful! I'll take you on a tour at my greenhouse any time, and we have pansies cut outs you can take your picture in too!
    I hope you are both on the mend!

    ReplyDelete